Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Given the blog rush.

Everyone seems to want to have a blog, or visit blogs, that seems to be the big thing today. The thing is, most blogs really shouldn't be considered blogs. Blog is a portmanteau (combination) of web and log. Originally blogs served as a sort of online journal, but they have become something different. Now everything is a blog. Blogs are news/commentary and personal websites. Basically it's cooler to have a blog than a website. Now I feel that it is rather pretentious to think that anyone cares what you had for breakfast, so the newer "blogs" are actually better than what blogs were originally. Mostly I think that we need t find them a more fitting name.

I actually created this blog for class. I'm glad that sites like this allow more people to easily express themselves. I remember when the internet was mostly for nerds like me.

No comments: